This building was built in 1864 and used as a brewery.
In front of the building, a bur oak once grew which served as an unofficial post office for travelers on the Santa Fe Trail from 1825-1847. The tree was believed to be 270 years old when it died in 1990.
Madonna of the Trail Statue was erected in 1928 by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
These statues were placed in 12 states along the routes of Old Trails.
Guardian of the Grove statue honoring the Kaw or Kansa Indians.
Site of the Neosho River Crossing
The Riverwalk starts at the Madonna of the Trail Statue and follows the River to the Kaw Mission.